Skip to main content


Where does the public water come from? 

The District has four deep wells which are located higher up in the Emigration Oaks.  Two's well are in the Freeze Creek drainage, one is located in the Brigham Fork area and one in Emigration Estates.

What's the quality and hardness of the water? 

The District's water is tested 3 times a week to ensure the water is safe to drink.  Chlorine is the ONLY additive to the water, which is required for public water systems.  The water hardness varies depending on the primary source of water being pumped between the four wells.  The newest (upper freeze creek) UFC well has a hardness of 18 grains or particles per million (ppm), which is currently the main source of water supply.  If you are after a setting for your water softener, the District recommends setting it between 30-35 grains.  For more details on water quality view the annual water quality report.

 2018 Water Quality Report
Does the District add fluoride to the water? 

No, the District does not add flouride to the water.  The District believes flouride supplementation can be done on an individual or personal level and therefore, does not plan on flouridating the water in the future.

What is the cost of the water? 

A.  A good portion of the expense of the water system is the cost of the infrastructure and ongoing maintenance of the system.  There are two flat-rate monthly fees to help cover these costs.  First is the water base fee (formerly known as a hydrant fee).  The water base fee is $15 per/mo and covers the ongoing maintenance and repairs of the system.  The second fee is the $15 or $25 per/mo impact fee to pay towards the cost of the infrastructure and is used to pay off the bonds or loans from the State Division of Water Resources and Division of Drinking Water. 

B. The cost of the water greatly depends on how much is used.  The average home in the main canyon uses approximately 5,000 gallons for culinary use per month.  The cost for that 5,000 gallons of water would be $18.50.  During the summer months when irrigation is added, the water usage may increase 3 to 5 times.  A property owner that uses 15,000 gallons in a month would pay $63.00 for the water.

C. Excess water fees begin when a property owner uses more than 40,000 gallons in a given month.  Those fees are tiered for every 10,000 gallons afterwards.  For a detailed list of the water rates, you can find it on the "price list" page located under the District Water or the "water pricing" link.

As a water customer, how can I conserve water? 

The two biggest areas where water is wasted is over-watering of landscapes and leaks. By adjusting your sprinkler control boxes to use only the amount of water needed to keep your landscapes green will not only help conserve water, but will also save money on the water bill.  Water leaks can often occur without visible evidence that there is a problem.  It becomes even more difficult when we live in a mountain terrain with a natural drainage surrounded by wild vegetation.  Generally, leaks may be caused from improperly winterizing our sprinkler systems resulting in trapped water that freezes causing sprinkler valves and pipes to split.  Other causes of leaks may come from landscape work (weed-trimming and mowing) to aged equipment.  Periodically check your sprinkler system to make sure it is operating correctly, keep up on the maintenance, and if it rains, turn the sprinklers off for a few days. For more ways to conserve water the Division of Water Resources has a whole website devoted on how to "slow the flow & save H2O".

How do I know if I have a leak? 

Sometimes leaks are obvious as water is bubbling from a sprinkler valve box or shooting a geyser from a broken sprinkler, or it may be a toilet that is constantly filling up in the middle of the night.  However, many times, leaks are not so obvious especially when most irrigation occurs during the night or early morning hours.  The best method to determine a leak is to turn off all your water in the home and all outside water sources, locate your meter box, remove the lid and look at the meter.  There is a small red triangle located in the center of the meter.  If the triangle is not moving, you have no "continual" or ongoing leaks.  If the triangle is moving rapidly or even slowly, you have a leak.  If you are sure the leak is on the outside of the home, the next place to check is the sprinkler valve boxes and back flow preventors.  If you need further assistance, contact a qualified plumber and/or notify the District of the problem.  

How often does the District send out bills? 

The District sends billing statements 7 times a year.  January (1st Quarter Flat Fees), April (2nd Quarter Flat Fees + 6 months water usage Oct-Mar), June (2 months water usage Apr-May), July (3rd Quarter Flat Fees + June water usage), August (July water usage), September (August water usage), October (4th Quarter Flat Fees + Sept water usage).

What do I need to set up email billing and/or access my account information online? 

You need your six digit Access Code located towards the bottom left hand side of your invoice and go to:

Put in your email and set up a user password.  You will now be able to view your account information, your statements, payment history, and make payments online.  The email you provide will be ONLY used for District purposes in electronic contact, District meetings, hearings, newsletters, and/or emergency notifications.

Why am I being charged a "convenience fee" for using online payments? 

The convenience fee is set and charged by the merchant account provider who provides the service for online transactions.  The District does not set the amount charged or receive any of the "convenience fees".  As more and more customers continue to use this feature, and the demand increases these fees may be reduced or eliminated altogether.

Join our mailing list